Howdy! I am so happy you are here. My name is Courtney and I am the creator of Cooking is My Therapy. I am a wife, mom, school counselor, cook, photographer, writer, and former rodeo queen.
Cooking is my therapy, really, it brings me peace, inspires creativity, and enables me to do what I love most. Everyone has difficult things to sift through during life, for me cooking has always been my cornerstone to keep me grounded.
A few fun facts about me:
- I was born in New York and lived there until I was 9. I then moved to South Dakota (culture shock) and now live in North Dakota (my forever home).
- I have watched Martha Stewart and read the Martha Stewart Living Magazine since I was 7. I have a collection of every single magazine.
- I collect cookbooks. Check out the Cookbookshelf, where I will be adding more of my favorite recipes from my favorite cookbooks!
- I studied French in high school, with hopes of traveling to France to learn how to cook French cuisine, but I can really only tell you my name and that I like butter in french now.
- I studied photography and journalism in college.
- I was Miss Rodeo South Dakota in 2009 and was 2nd runner up to Miss Rodeo America in 2010.
- I have a masters in Counseling and currently work as a school counselor for a K-12 school, which I love.
- I hope to write a cookbook someday.
So dive deeper, look for meaning in the time you spend cooking. Find love, compromise, dreams, adventure, bravery, or whatever you are searching for…..
I hope you enjoy my recipes and that you can take away a small motivation with each one!